In this article I will explain how you can associate your Office 365 account with Azure Active Directory, which is the very first step in Developing Office 365 Apps.
First, you need to download and install the Office 365 Developer Tools: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/features/office-tools-vs.aspx
In my case I’ve created an Office 365 Developer account using my MSDN Premium subscription (Ultimate will do as well). This means that you will get a Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E3 Developer account for free. You can also register for a trial account or buy an Office 365 license. For an overview of the different Office 365 versions you can check my post: Detailed Office 365 version Comparison
After you created the account, you can associate your account with your existing Microsoft Azure subscription.
- Log on to the Azure Management Portal with your existing Azure credentials.
- Select Active Directory – Directory – New
- Select Directory – Custom Create
- In the Directory Drop down, select Use existing directory and check the box I am ready to be signed out now. Then click the checkmark in the lower right corner.
- You are signed out. Now, log in with your Office 365 credentials. You will be prompted whether you will use your directory with Azure.
- Click continue and then click sign out now.
- Again, sign in with your Azure Credentials and you will see that the Office 365 directory is added to your subscription.
This is the first article in a series on Office 365 development. There will be more, so stay tuned!